Missions Short-Term Overview
“Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
–Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:40)
Least in the eyes of men, but precious members of Jesus’ family, are the poor and poor in spirit of Mozambique and the world. A short-term missions trip to Iris provides you with a two- or three-week opportunity to minister to Jesus by:
- Holding a baby
- Hugging a child
- Playing soccer with teens
- Digging trenches
- Cleaning toilets
- Washing dishes
- Roofing a widow’s house
- Picking up trash
- Or serving in some other practical way
Jesus said, “The greatest among you will be your servant.” (Matthew 23:11) To have a great experience during your two- or three-week Iris visit, please come with the following mindset:
- Plan on being as self-reliant as possible
- Don’t expect the full attention of any missionary, Iris staff member or translator
- Be ready to take on the most menial task for the good of the base
- Look forward to taking initiative and searching for ways to love, work, and serve each day
We are always amazed at what God does through our short-term visitors. A father or mother’s hug imparts adoption. A carpenter’s skill provides covering. A young adult’s strength releases encouragement. The Body is built up, the hungry are fed, the lonely are filled, the Kingdom is expressed, God is glorified, and thankfulness and joy abound.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions about short-term missions at Iris.
Important Note: Because we are serving in underdeveloped countries and unpredictable conditions, Iris Global cannot and does not guarantee your safety, health or comfort. You will be joining us in trusting God as provider and protector.