Fortaleza is located in Northeast Brazil. Its beaches are known as a vacation hot spot. Unfortunately it is more widely known as a center for prostitution and sex trafficking in South America, recently declared the “3rd best location for sex tourism” in the world on a famous predator site. Of course, this is tied into the fact that 1 in 3 people live in one of the 550 favelas (slums) within the city, and the children there grow up (for the most part) fatherless.
Die to self, and live for Him, so that the lost may be saved.
Iris Fortaleza exists to know God, glorify Him, see the lost saved, and the saved walk in radical obedience to God until the Great Commission is fulfilled.
- We understand we can find God, and can experience intimacy, communication and companionship with Him in His Presence, if we share His love for righteousness.
- We are totally dependent on Him for everything, and we need and expect miracles of all kinds to sustain us and confirm the Gospel in our ministry.
- Look for revival among the broken, humble and lowly, and start at the bottom with ministry to the poor. God chooses the weak and despised things of the world to shame the proud, demonstrating His own strength and wisdom. Our direction is lower still.
- We understand the value of suffering in the Christian life. Learning to love requires willingness to suffer for the sake of righteousness. Discipline and testing make saints out of us, and produce in us holiness, without which we will not see God’s face and share His glory. With Paul we rejoice in our weaknesses, for when we are weak we are strong.
- The joy of the Lord is not optional, and far outweighs our suffering! In Jesus it becomes our motivation, reward and spiritual weapon. In His Presence is fullness of joy, and with Paul we testify that in all our troubles our joy knows no bounds (2 Cor. 7:4). It is our strength and energy, without which we die.
- Give 100% and never say ´No` to Jesus. We are not our own, we have been brought at a very high price. Just as Jesus laid down His life for us we must also lay down our life for Him in total surrender. We believe it is when we die to self and live for Him that we truly live a life of abundance that will impact this world. Jesus said if you do not deny yourself and carry your cross you are not worthy to be his disciple. We want to be worthy disciples fully given, who live lives of radical obedience to God even unto death if necessary.
- We value community and family. The kingdom of God is all about relationships. We intentionally spend time to form a healthy culture of community where we love each other and live life together. Discipleship has a high priority in our activities. Together we challenge and encourage each other to grow in our Christ likeness and in the dreams and destiny God has for each member of the community, both individually and collectively.